Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween Make-Up: Twilight Inspired- Alice Cullen

I was hired by Karen, a model I had worked with, to do make-up for her mother-in-law, Shawn,  for their Halloween party last Saturday. I had so much fun, they're all such great people, and their Halloween party was really well put-together! I wasn't able to stay for the entire party, because we had friends in from out of town, but I wanted to share a few pics with you all...

Meet Shawn... she's 54 years old and went as "Alice Cullen" for the party. She went all-out; button up top, vest, contacts, wig, even the Cullen crest choker! The transformation took us about 1 1/2- 2 hours because this look required a significant amount of airbrushing and foundation application to lighten her skin in order to achieve Alice's pale complexion. I really should have taken the pics before we applied the shimmer to her skin (her number one request was to sparkle like the veg-pires in Twilight). However it would have been too much of a hassle to have her get into costume just for pics, then remove it all to complete the shimmer application, just to have her get dressed again. :-/

Below are some pics from the hors d'oeuvres table...



On the menu: charred bones (wings), veggies, eye(meat)balls, mummy fingers, ghostly brownies, skull cupcakes, even a brewing pot in the middle of the table! Karen even whipped up some "witch's brew" for the kiddos... she did such an awesome job, this truly was photo-worthy. I wish I would've gotten some pics of Karen and her husband, Marty, they went as characters from True Blood. I haven't watched the show, but I heard it's great.

I had so much fun, it's really rewarding when you transform someone and they absolutely love the end result... Marty told Karen my fee was the best money they had ever spent! Hope all of you glam-ghouls and your little goblins had a great time! ;-)

No comments: