Friday, October 15, 2010

Nothing Like Make-Up Shopping To Brighten Your Day!

So I was in a bit of a slump yesterday and decided to hit up my neighborhood Walgreens and Ulta... Even though I told myself I wasn't going to shop, I couldn't resist the urge. Here's the goodies I scored! :)

Not much from Walgreens... just went in to pick up some cotton rounds but ended up grabbing two Wet-N-Wild "Idol Eyes" cream eyeshadow pencils for $1.99 ea., and a pack of the classic Maybelline Expert Wear pencils to throw in my kit. These are great when trying to achieve a simple smokey eye... however I usually make sure I run the tip of the pencil through a flame to soften the wax.

It was my bestie's husband's birthday yesterday so we went over to their place and had some dinner, let the kids play... and before going home, I stopped by Ulta. My original intention was to purchase the Mario Badescu Acne Repair Kit... but I picked up a few extras that I'm really excited to share with you!

I have been reseraching the Mario Badescu Acne Repair Kit for about a month now... Seems as though recently, within the last few months, I've been getting some cystic acne when my hormones surge during my cycle. This is cause for concern since I've never had an acne problem growing up... and I'm 31!

The Kit is $46, online and in Ulta stores, and contains the Drying lotion, Drying Cream, and Buffering Lotion. I used the Drying Lotion last night on a pimple, it claims to clear the whitehead pimples overnight... It was really simple, just dipped a q-tip in the solution and dabbed it on. I woke up this morning and it was gone! Pretty amazing stuff! I also massaged the Buffering Lotion onto a couple of areas which I could feel the cystic acne developing. This morning, after washing my face with warm water only, I noticed those areas that had noticable bumps due to the cystic acne had been significantly reduced. I was truly impressed!


I haven't had the chance to use the Drying Cream yet... But I'm sure it'll be just as incredible. I also purchased the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion and Silver Powder. The Cucumber Cleansing Lotion feels very refreshing and helps to prevent further breakouts by disinfecting (where bacteria is often the culprit). The Silver Powder has a consistency that reminds me of baking powder... I haven't had the chance to use this, but I can't wait! Simply dip a moistened cotton ball into the powder and dab onto areas where you would like to diminish blackheads, rinse after 10-minutes.
While at Ulta, I also picked up two UD 24/7 liners in "Zero"... my staple-eyeliner, along with "1999", "Covet", "Flipside", and a 24/7 lipliner in "Wicked". I love these liners... they're wonderfully smooth and have no problem staying-put! These liners are $16 ea, but well worth the investment as they are extremely long-lasting and give unsurpassed color pay-off.


From top to bottom: blue Wet-N-Wild eyeshadow pencil, purple duo-chrome Wet-N-Wild eyeshadow pencil, Maybelline Expert Eyes, "Wicked", "Flipside", "Covet", "1999", and "Zero".

You will also see the swatches of the two NYX lipsticks below...

As always, feel free to let me know if you have these products and how you like them. I'm especially curious to know if any of you have tried the Mario Badescu skincare line... since I'm a newbie, I'd like to hear your experience with it.

Have a great weekend, my pretty Glamouristas! :)





No comments: